Monday, May 12, 2008

So this is Spring??

N3HCP and Catwoman decided it was time for another camping outing. To take advantage of KOA's "free night" promotion, we needed to go the weekend of May 10. We decided, some time ago, that Watkins Glen would be a good destination. Unfortunately, I came down with what might just be the worst case of the flu since 1918. But, being the determined individual I am, we pressed on. The weather was, of course, cold. We managed to do some walking, Geocaching, and visit the Watkins Glen Gorge to view the falls. The temperature was in the high 30's or 40's at night. We were lucky in that we only had a little rain on Monday morning before heading home.

Through it all, I was, as always, stoic, never letting my terrible flu symptoms interfere with my day. Oddly, Catwoman seems to have a different take on that matter. She has been heard to use words like "wuss", "wimp", and "needy". Well, in all honesty, my extremely high fever may have colored my perception of the facts.

At least the weather seems to be ready to warm up a bit. I don't know about anyone else, but I am more then ready for Summer!!

1 comment:

Alan and Barb said...

I vote wuss, wimpy and needy with maybe a little wine added for flavor!